TOD's Winter Boiler Maintenance Plan
(Save yourself time and headache’s by contacting your service pro!)
Professional winter boiler maintenance should include:
- Clearing debris from ventilation areas and combustion air openings.
- Verifying the boiler’s water level and testing the low-water fuel cutoff.
- Testing flame detection devices and looking for any evidence of soot or smoke.
- Making sure the boiler floor is clean and clearing the boiler furnace of any debris or other material.
- Testing the safety valve.
- Checking for a blue flame; a yellow flame indicates a possible problem.
- Testing the thermostat operation.
- Checking for proper venting.
- Inspecting and replace filters.
- Lubricating all motors.
- Completing additional checks and tests, depending on the type and brand of your boiler.